This soup of assembly welcomes your tasty leftovers. It is fully faux, and in the privacy of my own home, if there’s good broth containing some kid of long pasta, kimchi, and an eggs–that’s enough. The version pictured has leftover Porchetta-esque pork putt, chili paste, kimchi, kale chips, and quick-cooking rice noodles. Eat this out of a really big bowl, with room to assemble, admire and eat the unique composition. Check that each Soup Club mate has one egg per person for finishing at home.
- 8 quarts of beef broth, chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 pound long noodles, cooked & tossed with a little neutral oil to keep them for sticking
- 4 cups protein: cooked meat and/or tofu, diced
- 4 cups vegetables, cut into bite-size pieces: cooked corn and mushrooms, bamboo shoots, bean sprouts, or any other vegetables you have lying around
- 2 cups kimchi, homemade or store bought
- Kale chips or roasted seaweed strips
- 12 scallions, chopped